It’s been in the single digits and snowy here this weekend, so I’ve been transforming the snow day into a spa day with this invigorating, easy-to-make sugar scrub! I chose this scent for today because in the aromatherapy world, lemon verbena is a naturally uplifting scent combination, which is great for a cold day like this when all I want to do is stay inside.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1 ounce of coconut oil
- 1/2 ounce of olive oil
- 6 ounces of white sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 ounce Lemon Verbena fragrance oil – my favorite is the bath & body Lemon Verbena oil from CandleScience.com because it’s very fragrant and smells wonderful!
- Pyrex or other microwave safe bowl
- Yellow food coloring – optional
Sugar Scrub Instructions
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave, it only takes me about 20-30 seconds
- Stir in the honey and olive oil
- Mix in the sugar in with the oil and honey
- Mix in the fragrance oil
- Add yellow food coloring if you want a more vibrant color, otherwise mine comes out as a light yellow
Now you are ready to enjoy it in the bath or shower! Just scrub it in, then after the sugar washes away, you’re left with smooth skin. I love using this one because the coconut oil is so moisturizing as well as clean feeling. Also this scent is an amazing pick-me-up for an indoor day.